Call for contributions: Transformative approaches for cycling in a changing world.
In the current context, the Cycling and Society symposium will be a little different this year. Although there won’t be a physical meeting, we’re keen to continue to facilitate dialogue and bring together cycling research and researchers from across the world.
This year, the CSRG committee and the Healthy Active Cities team at University of Salford will be hosting:
- an online collection of concise and creative contributions.
- a series of webinars across 10th and 11th September, reflecting on the online collection and featuring presentations, discussants and Q&A.
How can I contribute?
We welcome your contributions by 31st July. These should be concise and creative contributions and be suitable for sharing on the Cycling and Society website.
We will be looking to publish the multimedia outcomes of the symposium in a journal Special Issue (more on this to follow).
What form can contributions take?
These could be voice-over presentations, short videos, collections of images, film explorations of cycle journeys – creativity is encouraged! Name(s) and affiliations of the authors should be provided for all contributions.
All contributions considered appropriate will be placed on the Cycling and Society website – so we will require authors’ consent to publish the contribution.
Contributors are encouraged, but not obliged, to respond to our Transformative approaches for a cycling society theme, and the following areas:
- Creating physical and conceptual spaces for cycling
- Cycling in a time of Coronavirus: disruption and crisis
- International perspectives
- Micromobilities and the future of sharing
- Carrying people, carrying cargo
- Approaches to health, wellbeing, safety and security
- Inequalities and exclusions in cycling and how they can be exacerbated or alleviated in Covid19 times.
Please bear in mind our Mission Statement when considering your contributions.
We will think about virtual networking opportunities and we would also encourage ideas and offers of online fringe events that could be held as part of Cycling and Society in September.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upload your contributions via this form by 31st July. (Or you can send it with a brief description to email@example.com)